Whatever it is you want, it is possible for you! Take time this weekend to go through the four steps below and honestly answer the questions. (You may want to just print out this blog post.) Then share it with someone you love and respect. Ask for their support in making it happen.
Step 1: Define your best day ever.
Take out a blank sheet of paper and write, draw, or build a collage from photos of your best day ever that incorporates creativity, uniqueness, authenticity, boldness, and risk taking as you desire it. Be as creative as you wish to capture how you would spend an entire day that allowed you to incorporate your legacy and what makes you feel alive.
Step 2: Create your mission statement.
Your mission statement brings to life your Best Day Ever Vision with your purpose. Answer these questions and then create your mission statement based on your responses.
- What are the resources (people, money, training, physical space, etc.) that will support you in living your best day ever?
- Who would you become if you lived this best day ever on a consistent basis?
- If you could live out this type of day everyday, what impact would it have? List all the ways living this day has the potential to positively ripple out into the world.
- What specific purpose are you fulfilling through this day?
Step 3: Take stock of your current reality.
You must always begin from where you are. Use this exercise to understand your current situation even better and how you will need to change in order to create your best days ever more consistently.
On a scale of one to 10, how would you rate each of these primary areas of your life, based on what you truly want them to be?
- Career ________________
- Physical health and wellness ________________
- Mental wellbeing ________________
- Family relationships ________________
- Social relationships ________________
- Personal care and hobbies ________________
- Finances ________________
- Spirituality ________________
On a scale of 1 to 10, how courageously prepared do you feel to begin living your life’s mission? _____________________
At this point in time, which are the three areas where you need to grow in order to connect to your mission and vision; and move closer towards consistently living your “Best Day Ever?” What are some action steps you could take to improve each of these three areas?
Step 4: Take Action
Nothing changes unless you change. Begin to implement your action steps above to see what kind of new results you can get. If you find yourself not seeing the results you want, consider asking for outside counsel, such as working with a coach, mentor, therapist, or consultant.
Seriously, don’t spend another day feeling miserable, stuck, or unhappy. You deserve so much more than that and are capable of it, too!