What’s the Difference Between Orientation and Onboarding? And why does it matter?
With turnover and retention being very painful and expensive problems (especially right now!), leaders need every tool at their disposal to help the right people stay. Onboarding is an incredibly powerful tool and we have the stats to back it up!!
Plus it’s not really about the expense, it’s about welcoming people into your culture, showing them a good time, giving them the tools and information to be successful, connecting them to their colleagues, and demonstrating that you want them to be successful in their role.
If you’ve ever wondered what you can do past the first 90 days to make it more like your people seen seen, heard, and equipped for the work ahead, this podcast episode is for you! Listen in for these lessons and so much more:
- Orientation is like inviting a dinner guest over but not serving them dinner
- Build an onboarding plan for much longer than you think
- It takes years before an employee is actually capable of being fully competent in their role
- The right onboarding plan keeps your employees for longer than the right orientation plan
Lead Kick Ass Meetings
Download this toolkit and you'll get resources to:
- Easily manage task items from every meeting
- Design agendas quickly and allow folks the right info to prepare
- Hold your next effective staff meeting with focused content
- Run a quick daily meeting so your team gets more shit done
- Have your staff turn in meaningful updates so meetings are shorter
- Start meetings in an engaging way. Get everyone to laugh, not roll their eyes.