Good leaders know how to motivate, but great leaders understand the value of influence to rally their team. In order to do meaningful work together, you’ve got to have insight.
Influential leaders don’t assume they have all the answers. The best way to make a real impact on your organization is to ask questions. Talking with your colleagues about their personal and professional goals helps you connect everyone to the overall vision. That’s why influence is so much more valuable than simple motivation!
After you check out my suggestions for questions to ask, head on down to the comments section. I’d love to hear your thoughts on influence vs. motivation. What questions do you think leaders should ask to gain deeper, strategic insights?
Lead Kick Ass Meetings
Download this toolkit and you'll get resources to:
- Easily manage task items from every meeting
- Design agendas quickly and allow folks the right info to prepare
- Hold your next effective staff meeting with focused content
- Run a quick daily meeting so your team gets more shit done
- Have your staff turn in meaningful updates so meetings are shorter
- Start meetings in an engaging way. Get everyone to laugh, not roll their eyes.