Tony Newcome, CTO at ActiveCampaign, creates long-term growth plans with his team and has everyone working in the details, including himself. It’s been instrumental to ActiveCampaign’s success and certainly his track record as an award-winning technology leader.
In this episode listen for Tony’s leadership perspective and how he keeps cultures going in hyper growth mode while also staying focused. He believes the best in people and it shows through in everything he does and every conversation he has.
Some teams use 2-week sprints to get the right work done at the right time. I’ve taught 90-day sprints to my clients. Tony uses 6-week sprints. And it’s working for them!
Here is just a snippet of all the insights you’ll get from this humble leader who creates massive change:
- The highest need of any leader is to drive change
- Growth requires re-thinking alignment
- Your largest flaw is that your human; there’s no escaping that
- Why a roadmap will connect functions and departments are your company
- Set the vision and outcome before ever taking any action steps
- Everyone wants to do a good job: how you can make that happen as their leader
- Powerful self coaching question: how can I and we create more value in this world?
- Why it’s a privilege to be able to think long term
- Just because you’re paying attention to the details doesn’t mean you’re not delegating
- Don’t chase status updates
- Have a process to kill process
- It’s a must for you to delegate so that your company can grow
- How to be a leader who improves the team, not tears it apart
- Don’t overestimate your impact
- You can’t lead if you can’t see the possibilities
Lead powerful meetings and create purpose, participation and problem solving for your most valuable time
Download this toolkit and you'll get resources to:
- Easily manage task items from every meeting
- Design agendas quickly and allow folks the right info to prepare
- Hold your next effective staff meeting with focused content
- Run a quick daily meeting so your team gets more shit done
- Have your staff turn in meaningful updates so meetings are shorter
- Start meetings in an engaging way. Get everyone to laugh, not roll their eyes.
About Tony Newcome
Tony Newcome is the Chief Technology Officer of ActiveCampaign, where he leads technology and product and works to set the vision for those teams.
Previously, Tony was a Senior Vice President of Engineering at Salesforce, where he was responsible for building products in the Salesforce Marketing Cloud. Tony joined Salesforce through its acquisition of ExactTarget, where he spent several years building a number of products.
Tony has been nominated for and won several awards, including an INITA Million Dollar Award for Key Technical Achievement, an Outstanding Technical Contributor award, and both a Compass and Leading Orange award for leadership accomplishments while at Salesforce.
In 2019, Tony co-founded INpact Indy with a mission to connect technologists throughout Central Indiana to strengthen Indiana’s vibrant technology ecosystem. He holds a BS in Computer Technology from Purdue University.
ActiveCampaign’s category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform (CXA) helps over 150,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 750+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation and CRM for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat and text. Over 70% of ActiveCampaign’s customers use its 870+ integrations including Microsoft, Shopify, Square, Facebook and Salesforce.
ActiveCampaign scores higher in customer satisfaction than any other solution in Marketing Automation, CRM and E-Commerce Personalization on G2.com and is the Top Rated Email Marketing Software on TrustRadius. Pricing starts at just $9/month. Start a free trial at ActiveCampaign.com.